MegaGlest has many new features added to the game, or expanded on existing features.
List of features
- Up to 8 players for network or single player games.
- 5 new factions to pick from (more can be downloaded)
- Mod management system built in to expand gameplay
- New AI player difficulty levels (easy, normal, ultra, mega)
- Cross platform network play (Linux vs Windows works fine)
- Many new maps
- Cliffs can be created in maps
- Observer Mode allows non players to observe the game
- Minimal Master-Server to display hosted Internet games
- Custom loading screens per faction
- Map and Faction preview
- Multi-Player over LAN or Internet
- Per Unit Particles.
- Network game lobby chat mode (press enter to toggle on/off)
- Support for multiple hosted servers through configurable TCP ports
- Queued commands (hold CTRL key while queuing multiple commands)
- Supported on most Linux distributions (32 and 64 bit) via universal full installer or data and binary packages.
- Supported on Windows XP - Windows 7.
- Enhanced map editor (with tooltips)
- Enhanced G3D Model viewer (supports showing particles, takes screenshots)
- Enhanced LUA commands and scripting support
- Command line options (type --help to see current options)
- Additional Support for JPG and PNG textures for models
- Full support for mod's via the mydata folder
- Only loads the factions selected in game settings.